Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodbye November

 November 2009...what a month! Let's review please.

Week 1:  
November 2nd. I surprisingly found out that I had PASSED my board exam!! The one I had prepared for from January-September (while working full time)!  That's a long time, and a lot of flashcards. It wasn't really a surprise that I passed, but more of a surprise when the letter arrived in the mail...I wasn't expecting results until December 18th.  I didn't know I was on edge until I read "YOU PASSED" and I just sort of melted with relief. Sweet relief. Flashcards....see you never. No more studying for this girl. 

November 7th.  I attended Stacy's baby shower for baby #2. She was my college roommate ALL 4 years. This was big because I got to spend quality time with my girl friends :) ALL of them.

Stacy and the soon to be big sister
                              
Week 2:  
November 9th. After passing my exam I actually got a RAISE at work. Awesomeness. And a little holiday bonus for my hard work. Goodness all around.

November 12th. I got a call in the afternoon that at 35 weeks Stacy was 6cm dilated......um sounds like baby time! For the rest of the day all of my friends excitedly followed the updates on twitter (I just love technology) until 10:04 pm when little Brody was born at 6lbs 4oz and 20 1/4 inches long.  All of those numbers ending in 4...I've already decided his # is 4. I'm so HAPPY for Stacy, Jeremy, and Kate. Can't wait to go visit the little fellow!!

Week 3:
November 15th. Ryan and I both agree to become members and join the church we've been attending for the past 5 weeks. This is BIG. With all the moving we haven't been members of a church we've regularly attended since 2006. I'm pretty excited to become an official member and have a new church home and new church family. I love my church family in Bowie dearly, but cannot do the 1.5 drive on the beltway after work just to sing in the choir. We're looking forward to jumping in to RPC! 


November 20th. For the first time in almost 4 years I actually hosted my friends over for a dinner! The last time Kelly, Eric, Erin, and Mike all came over to our place was for my 23rd birthday, September 2005! We've since moved around and it's been hard for people to travel to us---and since being back in MD we've had one or two people over, but I loved having the group over for food and games. And to tell you how long it's been...at the last gathering neither couple was married...let alone engaged!


                                                                 Loaded Questions

Week 4 :
November 25th. An actual outing with my parents, my husband, my sister, and her husband. It was a splendid evening of adults discussing adult-like things and of course making fun of each other and playing a lot of board games. Plus, any night I get to go to Olive Garden is always a huge plus in my book!

November 28th. The TURKEY BOWL. The 4th annual event where I attempt to play football (read: run around in the cold with people twice my size and try not to get the ball....if I get the ball, the chances of me getting injured increases exponentially). Every year we have different teams, team colors, and team names. Everyone is in charge of making their own" jersey." Ours turned out really well this year!

                                      House of Blues vs Roman Centurions...of course my team won.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures of everybody else's jerseys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Omg, I LOVE those jerseys. When I was in college I played IM volleyball with this really fun, really terrible team and we made our own t-shirts, but they definitely didn't come out as nicely as yours did!

    ReplyDelete