Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day Light Saving Time








I'm all for saving the light. Or is it, saving the time? 




All I know is I lose an hour of sleep tonight and tomorrow when I wake up it will be dark....when it's actually been light for the past two weeks. Feeding the cats at 6:30am in the light has been a welcomed change. 

But even though I have to go back to getting ready in the dark for a while, I know that day light saving time marks the real start of spring. The start of going for a jog or bike ride when you get home from work because it's still light out. The start of better moods and that all around happy feeling that only bird chirps and blooming flowers give you. 

I hear babies have a hard time adjusting to the time switch--as do dogs. If my cats have a hard time adjusting--I just ignore it until they get over it. I'm nice like that. In our house no one eats before 6:30am. Sorry. 

In college I use to buckle down for a night of studying when it got dark---and so spring semester I would inevitably end up staying up much later. I'm sure my husband will be all for me staying up later seeing as how he's been complaining that I've been in bed by 9:30pm each night this week.  

Speaking of bed, he's in it right now actually reading a book. Yes, you read right....the man who starts books and finishes them a year later… or more. I should go and read too because I guess it's actually 11:30 and not 10:30.  Ugh.

Happy time change!






3 comments:

  1. Sarah when you were a few years old DST would significantly perturb you sleep cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to compliment you on your spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, look at you- two blog posts in one day!

    ReplyDelete